The aim of this Project is to strengthen the capacity of the National Preventive Mechanism for the Prevention of Torture, as part of the state’s fulfillment of its international obligations, including under the ratified UN Covenants and Conventions.
- Strengthening the potential of NPM through training of the participants, systematization of work, prevention of repeated violations of the rules of human rights ethics, and elimination of procedural deficiency;
- Increase the knowledge and awareness of the citizens, public sector and international community on the activities of NPM, as well as on the measures taken towards implementation of policies to prevent torture and ill-treatment in closed institutions in Kazakhstan.
- Development of methodological manuals towards strengthening the potential of members of NPM;
- Development and implementation of NPM information system, including a database with reports on monitoring results, methodological materials, an archive of decisions and recommendations of the Coordinating Council, photo and video materials on NPM activities;
- Development of online trainings and webinars for NPM participants focused at specifics of the mandated institutions and gender issues with development of digital database of learning videos for new and existing NPM participants;
- Development of learning courses for trainings of trainers (TOT) among NPM participants based on the cascade communication model;
- Improvement of assessment system for NPM participants with development of qualitative and quantitative indicators and effective monitoring tools for evaluating effectiveness;
- Increased public awareness of NPM activities through education and information dissemination work of the project.
- National Center for Human Rights
- Office of the Ombudsperson for the Protection of Human Rights
- Coordination Council of NPM
- Central and local governments, civil society
Tel: +7 (7172) 580914
Fax: + 7 (7172) 696544
14 Mambetova Str, Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan