The CCM project is aimed at strengthening the effectiveness of the Country Coordinating Committee on Work with International Organizations on HIV and TB issues (hereinafter - CCM) performance in its core functions and role. The CCM project is being implemented in accordance with CCM Annual work plans and Resolution of the Prime - Minister as of April 11, 2017 #43-p “On establishment of CCM on work with international organizations on HIV and TB issues”. The CCM in Kazakhstan has been mandated to develop and submit grant proposals to the Global Fund and other donors based on priority needs at the national level, oversee progress during implementation and ensure linkages between Global Fund programs, international projects and other national health and development programs. In 2009, the decision has been taken to establish a CCM Secretariat to assist the CCM to conduct its business by providing the necessary administrative, secretarial, communication and logistical support. In 2010, UNDP Kazakhstan has been designated as the CCM Funding Recipient to receive and manage the expanded funding on behalf of the CCM.
- To provide administrative, logistical and communication support to CCM to conduct it business;
- To engage all constituencies in program governance, including civil society organizations and key affected populations through transparent CCM selection process;
- To identify gaps and follow up actions to improve TB and HIV programs and its sustainability, including sustainability of coordinating mechanism;
- To support CCM Oversight functions implementation:
- To conduct the Country Dialogue on development of a new HIV funding request for 2021-2023.
- New funding requests on HIV, TB and CCM are developed and submitted to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFAMT);
- Ensured equal participation of the representatives of the key populations (PLHIV, PWID, MSM, SW, ex-TB patients, women living with HIV), academic and private sector representatives in the CCM meetings;
- The developed resolutions with recommendations of the CCM meetings;
- CCM meeting ensures increased awareness of at least 30 decision makers of the OST and MSM program assessment results and their focus on increasing state funding for HIV/AIDS prevention programs (UBRAF/UNAIDS).
The project work includes the following: to assist the CCM to conduct its business through organization of the CCM meetings; to manage the CCM selection process; to support and update the CCM web - site; to implement the CCM oversight functions.
- Ministry of Healthcare, National Economy, Internal Affairs, Defense, Education and Science;
- Civil society and International organizations;
- Local Fund Agents;
- Kazakh Scientific Center of Dermatology and Infectious Diseases, National Scientific Centre of Phtysiopulmonology, Republican Scientific and Practical Center of Mental Health, Regional AIDS Centers, Narcological and TB Dispensaries.
Ryssaldy Demeuova, Coordinator of the CCM Secretariat
303 Baizakov Street, office 707
Ainur Abusseitova, Assistant of the CCM Secretariat
14 A. Mambetov Street