Call for Applications
Innovative Solutions Scheme 2018Mar 12, 2018
Deadline: 30 April 2018, 12.00 (noon) Astana time.
The Astana Civil Service Hub is pleased to announce a Call for Applications for the Innovative Solutions Scheme aimed at supporting initiatives for public administration modernization and encouraging innovation and creativity in public institutions.
The Innovative Solutions Scheme is a multistage mechanism, which allows:
1) to identify successful innovative solutions,
2) to facilitate deeper understanding by the Hub participating countries of the identified solutions by supporting preparation process of case studies and manuals with mechanism for potential replication and presentation of innovative solutions in public governance and civil service,
3) to stimulate replication of these solutions in other countries.
The Innovative Solutions Scheme in 2018 will focus on Digital Government Innovations. Sub-themes include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Digital Civil Service
2. Disruptive Technologies and Civil Service
3. Digital Citizenship and Participatory Government
4. Government Management in Fostering Public Sector Innovation
5. Open Government Data and the New Frontier of Innovative Service Delivery
6. Data-Driven Smart Government
7. Incentivizing Staff and Building Capacity for Digital Innovation
8. Creating a Working, Learning and Innovative Environment
9. Public Governance: Digital Competencies
The expected outputs of each winning solution are:
- Case study describing the innovativeness of the solution including best and failed practices;
- Manual for potential replication by other countries.
The funding aims to cover the costs for preparation of a case study and a manual for potential replication of solutions by other countries and their presentation at the Hub’s events. Several applications in each category will be awarded and assessed on an individual basis.
All public organizations/agencies at national and sub-national levels, academies of public administration, think-tanks, public associations, non-profit organizations, profitable organizations or private companies, as well as individuals – researchers and experts are eligible to apply. We accept applications from ALL COUNTRIES.
The following are NOT eligible to apply to the Scheme:
- UNDP Country Offices
- Country Offices of other UN Agencies
An applicant may submit more than one application but only one of the proposed solutions may be supported.
Submission of Applications
Applying individuals/organizations must complete an online application form in English or Russian on the Hub’s website and submit it no later than 30 April 2018, 12.00 (noon) Astana time.
Click here to access the online application in English.
Click here to access the online application in Russian.
Any requests for clarification on the application process shall be sent to the email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Astana Civil Service Hub was established during its Founding Conference in March 2013 by 25 countries and 5 international organizations with the United Nations Development Programme in Kazakhstan as a key partner. The mission of the Hub is to contribute to the development of more effective civil service systems and more efficient public service delivery in the countries of the region and beyond. ACSH serves as a multilateral platform, where participating countries are engaged in exchanging and testing up-to-date knowledge, which will build capacity, generate innovative solutions and contribute to global agendas on civil service excellence.
 For further information, visit www.regionalhub.org