On the eve of the 26th session of the Conference of the UNFCCC Parties (November, 2021, Glasgow, Scotland), UNDP in the Republic of Kazakhstan is launching a video-contest “Time to Change” on the topic of climate change.
Purpose of the Contest: Raising awareness of the population on the problems and the consequences of global climate change through the prism of video works of a wide segment of the population.
Participants of the Contest: citizens from 16 years old and above.
Video works will be accepted from: October 18, 2021 at 00:00 Nur-Sultan time.
Deadline for accepting video works: November 25, 2021 at 00:00 Nur-Sultan time.
Prizes for the winners of the contest:
1st place – bicycle;
2nd place – backpack;
3rd place – sleeping bag and yoga set.
Potential topics for video works:
- Health and climate change;
- Agriculture and the problem of climate change;
- The effects of climate change on biodiversity;
- New "green" energy;
- Water resources and climate change;
- Role of family in communicating about climate change.
- Subscribe to the @undp.kazakhstan page on Instagram;
- Tag your friends and acquaintances, who would also be interested in participating in the competition under the contest announcement post on Instagram.
- Create a video (no more than 1 minute) about how we could change the life style of Kazakhstani people to avoid or reduce the impact of climate change in a creative and original format (the main character of the video will be considered as a participant);
- Post the video on your personal Instagram page using #undpkazклимат and #climatepromise hashtags.
- The participant's Instagram page must remain publicly accessible until the winners of the video-contest are announced.
Please note that video works that previously took part in other competitions are not allowed and will not be considered in this competition in order to avoid violation of copyright and other rights.
Video works are accepted from October 18 to November 25 inclusive. Videos sent later than November 25, 2021 00:00 Nur-Sultan time cannot participate in the competition.
Participants who send videos give their consent to the transfer of copyright for the distribution and use of the videos by the organizers and partners of the project, with the obligatory indication of the name and surname of the author of the video.
Detailed Rules and Regulations can be found here.