The First Climate Dialogue “Kazakhstan-Ukraine” will take place on 25-26 May 2021, bringing together leading expert institutions, businesses, and NGOs. The event will focus on decarbonization, the economic mechanisms of the decarbonization process, including a carbon tax, emissions trading, green and climate finance and innovations, low-carbon urban development among other topics.
The event will serve as a platform to establish a continuous dialogue between the main stakeholders of the climate process (governments, business, scientists, NGOs) in preparation for the 26th Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC (COP-26), which will take place in Glasgow in November 2021, as well as in the implementation of the Paris Climate Agreement.
- Iryna Stavchuk, Deputy Minister of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources of Ukraine;
- H.E. Darkhan Kaletaev, Ambassador of Kazakhstan to Ukraine;
- Manal Fouani, Deputy Resident Representative, UNDP in Ukraine;
- Vitalie Vremis, Deputy Resident Representative, UNDP in Kazakhstan.
The dialogue is supported by the Ministry of Ecology, Geology and Natural Resources of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources of Ukraine, the Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Ukraine, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Kazakhstan and Ukraine, the World Bank, the European Union, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Green Academy, Almaty University of Power Engineering and Telecommunications (AUES), Civil Initiatives Support Center (CISC) under Ministry of Information and Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Institute of General Energy of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
The first dialogue will be held in three languages (English, Ukrainian, and Kazakh) in a hybrid format (offline-online).
· To join the discussion online, please register at this link. After you have registered, you will receive connection details via email.
· To participate offline in Kyiv, please register via this link before 24 May 2021, 15:00 Kyiv time, Ukraine.
· To participate offline in Nur-Sultan, please reach out to the contact point in Kazakhstan below.
For more information:
Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan: + 7 (701) 301 36 83, email@example.com – Dana Jakupova, Civil Initiatives Support Center;
Kyiv, Ukraine: +38 (063) 831 80 25, firstname.lastname@example.org – Ievgeniia Rudnytska, UNDP Ukraine.
For press inquiries please contact Yulia Samus, UNDP Communications Team Leader at Yuliia.Samus@undp.org or +380971391475