The Republic of Kazakhstan has applied for financing in the amount of US$ 249.57 million equivalent from the Islamic Development Bank toward the cost of the Rehabilitation of Irrigation and Drainage project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for goods, works, related services and consulting services to be procured under this project.
The development objective is to enhance agriculture productivity and production and increase farmers’ income and welfare of the rural community, by improving water use efficiency and timely water delivery, improving soil fertility, maintaining the ground water table and reducing the salinity.
The project will consist of the following components:
- Civil Works cover the rehabilitation of the vertical drainage wells in Makhtaaral and Shardara districts of South Kazakhstan Region; and rehabilitation of the irrigation systems in Almaty region. The civil works packages shall be procured on the basis of International Competitive Bidding limited to the Member Countries (ICB-MC) and some based on National Competitive Bidding (NCB).
- Support for Operation and Maintenance considers: i) procurement of O&M equipment and machinery to be procured on the basis of open ICB (ICB/open); and ii) construction of O&M buildings to be procured on the basis of NCB.
- Enhancing Monitoring and Data Automation. The procurement laboratory equipment and equipment for monitoring automation and instrumentation shall be on the basis of National Shopping for works and open ICB, respectively. The consultancy services for Data Service improvement planned to be procured on the basis of single source selection of International Center for Biosaline Agriculture (ICBA).
- Capacity Development and Awareness Raising. This component is related to the capacity development of Kazvodkhoz and its branch offices in Almaty and South Kazakhstan Regions. The services shall be procured on the basis of single source selection of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Project Implementation Support includes i) consultancy services for design review and construction supervision to be selected from the short-list of consultancy firms from the Member Countries of the Bank; ii) providing the IT equipment and furniture for the Project Management Unit office to be procured on the basis of national shopping; iii) selection of audit firm for the financial audit of the project to be selected from the short-list of national audit firms.
Procurement of contracts financed by the Islamic Development Bank will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the Guidelines for Procurement of Goods and Works under Islamic Development Bank Financing (current edition), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the guidelines. Consulting services will be selected in accordance with the Guidelines for the Use of Consultants under Islamic Development Bank Financing (current edition).
Specific procurement notices for contracts to be bid under the Islamic Development Bank’s international competitive bidding (ICB/MC and ICB/open) procedures and for contracts for consultancy services will be announced, as they become available, in IsDB Website (www.isdb.org) and other mass media.
Interested eligible bidders who wish to be included on the mailing list to receive invitations to bid on procurement of civil works and supply of goods, and interested consultants who wish to receive a copy of advertisement requesting expressions of interest for consultancy contracts, or those requiring additional information, should contact the address below.
Mr. Sabyrgali Idrissov, Acting Director General
Mr. Erik Yakubayev, Deputy Director General
No.50 Imanov Street, Office No.503
010000, Astana City, Kazakhstan
Tel: +7(7172) 37 48 50
Fax: +7(7172) 37 48 50