United Nations Development Programme in the frames of the Joint EU/UNDP/UNECE Project “Supporting Kazakhstan’s Transition to a Green Economy Model” and is announcing a competition for grants for sustainable using of water resources in Kazakhstan regions.
The purpose of the grant: formulation and implementation of demonstration projects portfolio at the local levels, aimed at implementing effective approaches, methods and technologies to promote sustainable use of water resources with the active involvement of the public and local communities in the process of its development and implementation.
The projects should be focused on:
- Sustainable use of water resources and water conservation;
- Improve the quality of water;
- Energy efficiency in water supply;
- Cleaning and reuse of waste water;
- Water management and renewable energy;
- Raising awareness of people in the country on the effective use of water resources and climate change through the implementation of practices of "green economy".
Applications should be submitted to the UNDP Office 26 Bokeykhan street, Astana, Kazakhstan with copy to the following e-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org, Irina.email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. not later than 18:00, 20 August 2015 (travel not paid).
Detailed information about the competition is available in the attached documents: ToR, Application.