United Nations Development Programme in the frames of the UN Joint Programme “Raising Competitiveness of the Region through Innovative Approaches to Regional Planning and Social Services (using Semey as an example)” and is announcing a competition for grants for social and economic development of rural districts of Semey city of East-Kazakhstan oblast.
The purpose of the grant: to identify the non-profit sector partner of EKO for conduction and administration of the small grants programme to support the projects of initiative groups of Semey city of East-Kazakhstan oblast with UN Joint Programme funding. To increase the effectiveness and reach of the program will be considered opportunities for collaboration and co-funding from local budgets.
The projects should be focused on:
- Improved planning and the use of public resources within the socio-economic programs at the local level to better protect the rights and interests of vulnerable groups;
- Strengthening the capacity of the population to improve their well-being and development of local self-government;
- Improving access of vulnerable groups (including women and children) to quality social and economic services;
- Providing high quality public information relating to the welfare, health, and the goals and objectives of the program.
- Presentation of the use and implementation of energy efficient technologies and equipment to solve socio-economic problems of the population.
Applications should be submitted to the UNDP Office 9 Lenin Street, office #202, Semey, Kazakhstan not later than 17:00, 11 June 2015 (travel not paid).
Detailed information about the competition is available in the attached documents: ToR , Application.