- Statement on International women’s day by UN Resident Coordinator in the Republic of Kazakhstan, Mr. Norimasa Shimomura and Representative of UN Women in Central Asia Mrs. Elaine Conkievich Mar 7, 2016
- It’s now or never to make the world gender equal Mar 7, 2016
- Statement by the United Nations Resident Coordinator in Kazakhstan Mr. Norimasa Shimomura The national Conference “Nursultan Nazarbayev and new model for civil service” Jan 28, 2016
- Statement by Mr. Norimasa Shimomura, UN Resident Coordinator at the Roundtable on ‘SDGs in Kazakhstan: a conceptual framework’ Dec 18, 2015
THE SECRETARY-GENERAL. MESSAGE ON THE INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ELIMINATION OF VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
Nov 24, 2015
The atrocity crimes being committed against women and girls in conflict zones, along with the domestic abuse found in all countries, are grave threats to progress. I am deeply concerned about the plight of women and girls living in conditions of armed conflict, who suffer various forms of violence, sexual assault, sexual slavery and trafficking. Violent extremists are perverting religious teachings to justify the mass subjugation and abuse of women. These are not random acts of violence, or the incidental fallout of war, but rather systematic efforts to deny women’s freedoms and control their bodies. As the world strives to counter and prevent violence extremism, the protection and empowerment of women and girls must be a key consideration.
- Speech of UN RC/UNDP RR Stephen Tull on UN70 Oct 29, 2015
- THE SECRETARY-GENERAL - MESSAGE ON UNITED NATIONS DAY, 24 October 2015 Oct 24, 2015
UN Resident Coordinator speech at Holocaust Remembrance Day
Jan 30, 2014
Holocaust Remembrance Day, Nazarbayev Center, Stephen Tull, UN Resident Coordinator, 29 January 2014, 8 p.m. (3 minutes)
The Secretary-General Message on International Youth Day
Aug 12, 2013
This year’s observance of International Youth Day focuses on the issue of youth migration. Of the annual total of some 214 million international migrants, young people constitute more than 10 per cent, yet too little is known about their struggles and experiences.
The Secretary-General's message on Nelson Mandela International Day
Jul 18, 2013
This year’s commemoration of Nelson Mandela International Day comes at a moment of deep reflection on the life and work of Madiba, as the universally revered leader remains in the hospital. As we extend our best wishes to President Mandela on his 95th birthday, let us also give tangible meaning to our feelings of concern by taking action on behalf of others.