- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 1 - 15 of 15
18 Sep 2013
For the 2-nd time Kazakhstan will host Social Good Summit. This year's summit will focus m on discussing innovative solutions and use of social media for development, with more close look on the issues identified during national consultations on Post 2015 and searching solutions for those issues.
29 Aug 2013
Leaflets and Brochures About Preparation to the Potential Emergency Situations Were Spread Among the Population of Southeast and East Kazakhstan
Leaflets and brochures aimed at raising awareness of the high importance of preparedness to the disasters and risk reduction were produced and spread among Southeast and East Kazakhstan population under the framework of the joint project of UNDP/EC/MoES of the Republic of Kazakhstan: «DIPECHO VII: Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction in South-East and East Kazakhstan».
28 Aug 2013
From 2 to 10 September 2013 in four cities of Kazakhstan: Semey (September 2), Almaty (September 4), Kyzylorda (September 6) and Aktau (September 9) within the framework of the joint project of the UNDP and the Ministry of economy and budget planning of the Republic of Kazakhstan the training sessions for non-governmental organizations will be conducted with the participation of international expert.
28 Aug 2013
Regional Awareness Raising Workshop on Human Rights Protection Mechanisms in the Republic of Kazakhstan
On 15 August 2013 in Каraganda, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) organized a workshop for state officials and representatives of non-governmental organizations in the framework of the joint project “Improving human rights protection mechanisms and facilitating effective implementation of UPR recommendations in the Republic of Kazakhstan”.
26 Aug 2013
The Ministry of Environmental Protection of the Republic of Kazakhstan in partnership with the United Nations Development Program will host on September 30 – October 1, 2013 the Green Bridge Conference 2013. The Conference will bring together Ministers from Central Asian and other neighboring countries, officials from the EU, non-governmental, international organizations and private companies, key Kazakhstan influencers and International speakers - Green Energy and Green Growth experts.
22 Aug 2013
On 27th of August 2013 Astana will host a workshop dedicated to inventory of greenhouse gases in various economic sectors, the event organized by the Ministry of Environment Protection and UN Development Programme.
15 Aug 2013
The study tour “Field Days” on 5 -9 August in northern Kazakhstan has shown that cost reduction and increased crop capacity of the fields with spring wheat is possible even in a changing climate. The approaches to adapt domestic crop production to climate change were utilized in three pilot sites in the Akmola, Kostanay and North Kazakhstan Provinces. This trial is being carried out within the “Improving the Climate Resiliency of Kazakhstan Wheat and Central Asian Food Security” Joint Project of the KazAgroInnovation JSC, the United Nations Development Programme and the United States Agency for International Development.
08 Aug 2013
Regional Awareness Raising Workshops on Human Rights Protection Mechanisms in the Republic of Kazakhstan
Almaty, 15 August 2013 United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Ministry of Justice will organise a workshop for state officials and representatives of non-governmental organizations in the framework of the joint project “Improving human rights protection mechanisms and facilitating effective implementation of UPR recommendations in the Republic of Kazakhstan”.
02 Aug 2013
SHORTANDY VILLAGE, AKMOLA PROVINCE, AUGUST 5 2013 - A one-week study tour, known as “Field Days”, is about to start. Its participants are to visit three key wheat-growing regions of Kazakhstan where farmers apply climate adaptation technologies on the pilot sites with the total area of around 150 hectares (ha). The campaign is to show how a new approach can help in adapting the local wheat production to the changing climate. The initiator of the “Field Days” is the Joint Project of the “KazAgroInnovation” JSC, the United Nations Development Program and the US Agency for International Development, entitled “Improving the Climate Resiliency of Kazakhstan Wheat and Central Asian Food Security”.
30 Jul 2013
Yuriy Ilyin, Deputy Akim of Almaty City met with Stephen Tull, UNDP Resident Representative in Kazakhstan in order to discuss work progress on “Sustainable Transport Strategy development for 2013-2023.”
04 Jun 2013
Winners of a regional competition among dog handlers from Central Asia organised by the EU-UNDP Border Management Programme in Central Asia (BOMCA) jointly with the Dog Handling Centre of the Customs Control Committee under the Ministry of Finance of Kazakhstan and the US Embassy, were awarded with prizes.
- 31 May 2013
30 May 2013
The national workshop of all Kazakhstan regional mediators which are getting together to discuss the art of mediation development in the country will take place in Astana on 31 May 2013.
27 May 2013
May 29 Astana will witness round table aimed to present new initiatives on Law on public services. At the roundtable the issues of the expansion of rights and obligations of consumers of public services, improvement of the requirements to the standard and rules of public service, development of a new Register of public services will be discussed.
24 May 2013
UNDP Administrator Helen Clark has been ranked 21 in the list of The World’s 100 most Powerful Women composed by Forbes Magazine
Forbes Magazine names UN Development Chief Helen Clark one of the world’s 100 most powerful women for a ninth year, citing her focus on gender equality to promote sustainable growth and reduce poverty.
- Международная Конференция, 2014 39 minutes ago
- #HappyBirthdayUN Дорогие друзья! В преддверии Дня ООН мы разыгрываем приз. Кто первым правильно ответить на все вопросы нашей викторины - получит подарок от Программы развития ООН в Казахстане во время концерта, посвященного Дню ООН 23 октября в 19:00. Итак, вопросы: 1. В каком году Казахстан стал членом ООН? A) 1992 Б) 1997 В) 1995 2. В каком году было открыто представительство ООН в Казахстане? A) 1994 Б) 1999 В) 1993 3. Насколько возросло членство в ООН со дня основания Организации? A) с 40 до 200 стран Б) с 55 до 220 стран В) с 51 до 193 стран 4. Какой премии удостаивалась Организация Объединенных Наций, ее специализированные учреждения и персонал десять раз? А) Премия имени Ганди за вклад в дело установления мира и согласия Б) Нобелевская премия мира В) Премия им. Сахарова Не забудьте, концерт пройдет в концертном зале "Тілеп Қобыз Сарайы", на ул. Жанибек и Керей Хана, 18. Удачи! #HappyBirthdayUN Dear All! Ahead of United Nations Day we are giving away a prize. The one who will be the first to answer our quiz questions correctly will receive a present from the United Nations Development Programme during a UN Day concert on 23 October at 19:00. Here is the quiz: 1. When did Kazakhstan become a member of the UN A) 1992 B) 1997 C) 1995 2. When was the first UN representative office opened in Kazakhstan? A) 1994 B) 1999 C) 1993 3. How has the UN membership grown since the United Nations was founded? A) 40 to 200 countries B) 55 to 220 countries C) 51 to 193 countries 4. What prize has the UN, its specialised agencies and staff been awarded ten times? A) International Gandhi Peace Prize B) Nobel Peace Prize C) The Sakharov Prize Don't forget that the UN Day Concert will take place at Tilep Kobyz Saraiy on Zhanibek and Kerey Khan Street 18. Good luck! 20 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook