- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 21 - 38 of 38
13 Jun 2013
Local Disaster Management Committees were established in Tekeli town, Syrymbet and Karabulak villages within the framework of the project on community-based disaster risk reduction.
10 Jun 2013
With the support of the UNDP-GEF project "City of Almaty Sustainable Transport" velo-competitions for children dedicated to the International Children's Day and World Environment Day were conducted on a spare stadium of Almaty Central Stadium.
08 Jun 2013
The official designation of World Oceans Day is an opportunity to raise global awareness of the challenges faced by the international community in connection with the oceans.
06 Jun 2013
Head of Energy and Environment Unit of UNDP Kazakhstan received an award from Ministry of Environmental Protection of RK
Our congratulations to Head of Energy and Environment Unit Stanislav Kim who received an award from Ministry of Environmental Protection of Kazakhstan for his personal contribution to environmental protection.
05 Jun 2013
World Environment Day is an annual event that is aimed at being the biggest and most widely celebrated global day for positive environmental action. World Environment Day activities take place all year round and climax on 5 June every year, involving everyone from everywhere.
04 Jun 2013
Winners of a regional competition among dog handlers from Central Asia organised by the EU-UNDP Border Management Programme in Central Asia (BOMCA) jointly with the Dog Handling Centre of the Customs Control Committee under the Ministry of Finance of Kazakhstan and the US Embassy, were awarded with prizes.
- 31 May 2013
31 May 2013
On World No Tobacco Day, 31 May, UN is calling for countries to ban all forms of tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship to help reduce the number of tobacco users. Tobacco use kills nearly 6 million people every year.
30 May 2013
The national workshop of all Kazakhstan regional mediators which are getting together to discuss the art of mediation development in the country will take place in Astana on 31 May 2013.
29 May 2013
In 2002, the UN General Assembly proclaimed May 29 as the International Day of UN Peacekeepers. This day is intended to pay tribute to the sacrifice and selfless devotion of peacekeepers serving around the world. It marks the fact that the UN has been done in various countries to alleviate the suffering and reconciliation of warring parties.
27 May 2013
May 29 Astana will witness round table aimed to present new initiatives on Law on public services. At the roundtable the issues of the expansion of rights and obligations of consumers of public services, improvement of the requirements to the standard and rules of public service, development of a new Register of public services will be discussed.
24 May 2013
UNDP Administrator Helen Clark has been ranked 21 in the list of The World’s 100 most Powerful Women composed by Forbes Magazine
Forbes Magazine names UN Development Chief Helen Clark one of the world’s 100 most powerful women for a ninth year, citing her focus on gender equality to promote sustainable growth and reduce poverty.
14 May 2013
Heads and Instructors of Customs Academies and Training Centers from Central Asia Meet in Astana to Discuss Training of Customs Officers
Heads and instructors from Customs Training Institutions in five Central Asian states, - Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan participate in a Regional workshop, arranged by the EU-UNDP Border Management Programme in Central Asia (BOMCA) with the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD).
04 Apr 2013
In Kazakhstan, about 65% of residential buildings consume 2-3 times more energy than in Europe, UNDP project manager Bayan Abulkhairova announced at the scientific and practical conference "Energy audit and energy management - a component of sustainable energy development" in Astana.
28 Mar 2013
UN Joint Programme in East Kazakhstan oblast (EKO) in close cooperation with regional authorities held the round table “Local self-government as a factor of regional development in East Kazakhstan oblast” in Ust-Kamenogorsk on 28th March.
24 Mar 2013
"Customs clearance of energy resources and goods transferred within investment contracts" Workshop in Kazakhstan
Fifty-two participants representing customs services from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Russia and Ukraine, as well as representatives of private sector (oil and gas companies) from Kazakhstan were trained in international shipment of strategic goods including energy resources.
03 Dec 2012
In the wake of the 2013 high-level meeting on disability and development, the International Day of Persons with Disabilities provides an opportunity to bring global attention to the situation of persons with disabilities, to create a strategic vision and to plan for disability-inclusive development.
16 Nov 2011
UNDP Resident Representative in Kazakhstan Speech on the occasion of the Launch of the 2011 Global Human Development Report.
- В пригородном поселке в Астане в жилом доме сэкономят энергию! 20 октября 2014 г. в г. Астана состоялась презентация пилотного проекта «Демонстрация элементов термомодернизации жилого многоквартирного дома, как необходимое условие сокращения энергопотребления в секторе ЖКХ» (поселок Пригородный, дом 125, район Аэропорта Астаны). Организаторы мероприятия – Программа Развития ООН в Казахстане, Акимат района Есиль г. Астана. Демонстрационный проект по термомодернизации жилого многоквартирного дома №125 в поселке Пригородный был выполнен в рамках Проекта ПРООН и Правительства РК «Разработка и апробация модели модернизации и управления жилищно-коммунальным хозяйством для малых населенных пунктов с целью обеспечения безопасности, повышения качества жизни населения и вклада в охрану окружающей среды» с привлечением финансовых средств Программы Малых Грантов Глобального Экологического Фонда (ГЭФ-ПМГ). В ходе реализации проекта было проведено техническое обследование и энергоаудит жилого дома с участием местных и международных консультантов, заменены деревянные старые окна в подъездах на пластиковые стеклопакеты для локализации тепловых потерь, установлен прибор учета и автоматизированный тепловой пункт (АТП) для регулирования теплопотребления объекта и организации диспетчеризации теплопотребления. В подвале дома были заменены и утеплены распределительные трубопроводы системы отопления, установлены балансировочные клапаны для равномерного распределения теплоносителя. Собственники квартир также внесли свой вклад в модернизацию своего дома – они установили утепленные металлические двери с домофонными системами в подъезды и ограждающие решетки безопасности на лестничных площадках. Prigorognyi settlement in Astana will save more energy now! Pilot project was unveiled in Astana on October 20. The event was organised by UNDP in Kazakhstan and the akimat of Yesil rayon in Astana. House # 125 was chosen as a pilot item to show that elements of thermal modernisation are crucial to cutting energy use in housing and utility sectors. The demonstration project was carried out within the UNDP project jointly with the Government of Kazakhstan "Development and testing of models of modernisation and management of housing and communal services for small communities to ensure safety, improve the quality of life of the population and contribute to the protection of environment " involving funding from the Small Grants Programme of the Global Environment Facility (GEF-SGP). Technical survey and energy audit of the house in the course of the project also involved local and international consultants. New double-glaze windows replaced old wooden ones to avoid heat loss, metering devices and automated heat have been installed. Distributing conduits have been refurbished and made cold-proof; balancing valves have been put up to safeguard even distribution of heat conductor. House residents have invested their own time and efforts and gave a fresh lick of paint to their house by installing insulated metal doors with Entryphones and security grills in staircase landings. about an hour ago
- Dear all, Come to NU GSPP Open House Information Session at Nazarbayev University campus on Tuesday, October 28 at 7PM. It is a good opportunity to meet the Graduate School of Public Policy and the Lee Kuan School of Public Policy representatives to find out more about our Master Degree programmes (MPA & MPP). Come and network with other prospective and current students at a cup of coffee. Please RSVP (confirm your attendance) here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1a6sr3kZhXVVXPVPT9N3_Xojikn8B6TOOJY5_PNgcmsk/viewform 20 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook