In Astana, more than 100 countries to focus on zero carbon, energy for all
Jun 7, 2017
Astana, 6 June, 2017 – Governments, international organizations and civil society organizations, but also designers and technology companies from more than 100 countries will showcase their best solutions to boost the world’s access to energy while at the same time fighting climate change.
Atlas of solar resources presented in Kazakhstan
May 19, 2017
Astana, 19 May 2017г. – In the run-up to the EXPO 2017 – Future Energy International the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan (RK) and the United Nations Development Programme in Kazakhstan have launched today the interactive electronic Solar Resources Atlas – atlassolar.kz
- Opening Remark by Mr. Norimasa Shimomura, UN Resident Coordinator & UNDP Resident Representative at the 1st Forum of the National Preventive Mechanism "Prevention of Torture: Kazakhstan and International Practice" May 16, 2017
BIOFIN countries come together for Eurasia/Pacific Workshop in Kazakhstan
Apr 25, 2017
25-27 April, 2017, Almaty, Kazakhstan - Representatives of governments, the United Nations, and technical experts from 13 countries across the Eurasia-Pacific region gathered this week to share knowledge and discuss new financial solutions to protect and better manage biodiversity.
UNDP Executive Board welcomes appointment of Achim Steiner as new Administrator
Apr 20, 2017
New York – The President of the Executive Board of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) today welcomed the appointment of Achim Steiner as the Organization’s new Administrator.
- The Ministerial Conference “Meeting the Challenge of Sustainable Energy” and the Eighth International Forum on Energy for Sustainable Development will be held in Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan, on 11-14 June 2017. Mar 27, 2017
HUMAN DEVELOPMENT REPORT 2016 - Regional Press Release for Europe and Central Asia
Mar 23, 2017
Safety nets vital to counter rise of exclusion in Europe and Central Asia
- Joint Statement by Norimasa Shimomura, Resident Coordinator of the United Nations in the Republic of Kazakhstan, Elaine Conkievich, UN Women Representative in Central Asia, Natalia Alexeeva, Head of United Nations Environment Programme Sub-Regional Office for Central Asia Vlastimil Samek Representative of Department of Public Information on the Occasion of International Women's Day Mar 7, 2017
- UNDP Administrator Helen Clark Statement on International Women’s Day 8 March 2017 Mar 6, 2017
- Opening remarks by the UN Resident Coordinator in Kazakhstan Norimasa Shimomura at an event dedicated to the 25th anniversary of Kazakhstan’s accession to the United Nations Mar 2, 2017