- The Ministerial Conference “Meeting the Challenge of Sustainable Energy” and the Eighth International Forum on Energy for Sustainable Development will be held in Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan, on 11-14 June 2017. Mar 27, 2017
HUMAN DEVELOPMENT REPORT 2016 - Regional Press Release for Europe and Central Asia
Mar 23, 2017
Safety nets vital to counter rise of exclusion in Europe and Central Asia
- Joint Statement by Norimasa Shimomura, Resident Coordinator of the United Nations in the Republic of Kazakhstan, Elaine Conkievich, UN Women Representative in Central Asia, Natalia Alexeeva, Head of United Nations Environment Programme Sub-Regional Office for Central Asia Vlastimil Samek Representative of Department of Public Information on the Occasion of International Women's Day Mar 7, 2017
- UNDP Administrator Helen Clark Statement on International Women’s Day 8 March 2017 Mar 6, 2017
- THE SECRETARY-GENERAL -- MESSAGE ON THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF KAZAKHSTAN’S MEMBERSHIP IN THE UNITED NATIONS Astana, 2 March 2017 Mar 2, 2017
- Opening remarks by the UN Resident Coordinator in Kazakhstan Norimasa Shimomura at an event dedicated to the 25th anniversary of Kazakhstan’s accession to the United Nations Mar 2, 2017
- Contest for grant projects on holding events, directed on promoting safe walking and cycling in Almaty. Mar 1, 2017
EXPO in Astana to generate momentum on energy and climate, says UN official
Feb 9, 2017
9 February, 2017 Astana – “I am confident that the exhibition will be a fantastic opportunity for Kazakhstan to generate momentum around sustainable energy, which is so crucial for accomplishing the Sustainable Development Goals. I am sure that the EXPO will be a resounding success, and will attract a lot of positive attention from the region and the world,” said Cihan Sultanoglu.
- The Secretary-General Appeal for Peace Jan 1, 2017
Government of Kazakhstan and the United Nations Development Programme identified opportunities for nationalizing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS)
Nov 28, 2016
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, together with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) organized a series of policy discussions to promote the SDGs in Kazakhstan with key Government agencies and ministries, academia and civil society. The policy discussions were underpinned by the initial research undertaken by the UNDP mission to determine linkages of the SDG targets with existing Kazakhstan 2050 Strategy and medium- and short- term sectoral and regional policies and plans. The mission utilized the UN Development Group’s approach to facilitate the implementation of the SDGs, MAPS- Mainstreaming, Acceleration and Policy Support and conducted a Rapid Integrated Assessment (RIA).