- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 21 - 37 of 37
10 Jun 2013
With the support of the UNDP-GEF project "City of Almaty Sustainable Transport" velo-competitions for children dedicated to the International Children's Day and World Environment Day were conducted on a spare stadium of Almaty Central Stadium.
08 Jun 2013
The official designation of World Oceans Day is an opportunity to raise global awareness of the challenges faced by the international community in connection with the oceans.
06 Jun 2013
Head of Energy and Environment Unit of UNDP Kazakhstan received an award from Ministry of Environmental Protection of RK
Our congratulations to Head of Energy and Environment Unit Stanislav Kim who received an award from Ministry of Environmental Protection of Kazakhstan for his personal contribution to environmental protection.
05 Jun 2013
World Environment Day is an annual event that is aimed at being the biggest and most widely celebrated global day for positive environmental action. World Environment Day activities take place all year round and climax on 5 June every year, involving everyone from everywhere.
04 Jun 2013
Winners of a regional competition among dog handlers from Central Asia organised by the EU-UNDP Border Management Programme in Central Asia (BOMCA) jointly with the Dog Handling Centre of the Customs Control Committee under the Ministry of Finance of Kazakhstan and the US Embassy, were awarded with prizes.
- 31 May 2013
31 May 2013
On World No Tobacco Day, 31 May, UN is calling for countries to ban all forms of tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship to help reduce the number of tobacco users. Tobacco use kills nearly 6 million people every year.
30 May 2013
The national workshop of all Kazakhstan regional mediators which are getting together to discuss the art of mediation development in the country will take place in Astana on 31 May 2013.
29 May 2013
In 2002, the UN General Assembly proclaimed May 29 as the International Day of UN Peacekeepers. This day is intended to pay tribute to the sacrifice and selfless devotion of peacekeepers serving around the world. It marks the fact that the UN has been done in various countries to alleviate the suffering and reconciliation of warring parties.
27 May 2013
May 29 Astana will witness round table aimed to present new initiatives on Law on public services. At the roundtable the issues of the expansion of rights and obligations of consumers of public services, improvement of the requirements to the standard and rules of public service, development of a new Register of public services will be discussed.
24 May 2013
UNDP Administrator Helen Clark has been ranked 21 in the list of The World’s 100 most Powerful Women composed by Forbes Magazine
Forbes Magazine names UN Development Chief Helen Clark one of the world’s 100 most powerful women for a ninth year, citing her focus on gender equality to promote sustainable growth and reduce poverty.
14 May 2013
Heads and Instructors of Customs Academies and Training Centers from Central Asia Meet in Astana to Discuss Training of Customs Officers
Heads and instructors from Customs Training Institutions in five Central Asian states, - Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan participate in a Regional workshop, arranged by the EU-UNDP Border Management Programme in Central Asia (BOMCA) with the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD).
04 Apr 2013
In Kazakhstan, about 65% of residential buildings consume 2-3 times more energy than in Europe, UNDP project manager Bayan Abulkhairova announced at the scientific and practical conference "Energy audit and energy management - a component of sustainable energy development" in Astana.
28 Mar 2013
UN Joint Programme in East Kazakhstan oblast (EKO) in close cooperation with regional authorities held the round table “Local self-government as a factor of regional development in East Kazakhstan oblast” in Ust-Kamenogorsk on 28th March.
24 Mar 2013
"Customs clearance of energy resources and goods transferred within investment contracts" Workshop in Kazakhstan
Fifty-two participants representing customs services from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Russia and Ukraine, as well as representatives of private sector (oil and gas companies) from Kazakhstan were trained in international shipment of strategic goods including energy resources.
03 Dec 2012
In the wake of the 2013 high-level meeting on disability and development, the International Day of Persons with Disabilities provides an opportunity to bring global attention to the situation of persons with disabilities, to create a strategic vision and to plan for disability-inclusive development.
16 Nov 2011
UNDP Resident Representative in Kazakhstan Speech on the occasion of the Launch of the 2011 Global Human Development Report.
- В Астане в детском саду установили солнечный коллектор. Сегодня, 20 августа 2014 г. в г. Астана состоялась презентация оборудования по подготовке горячей воды с использованием солнечной энергии в здании детского сада № 57 «Салтанат», поселок Пригородный. Организаторы мероприятия – Программа Развития ООН, Акимат Есильского района г. Астана. Солнечный коллектор был установлен в рамках Проекта ПРООН и Правительства РК «Разработка и апробация модели модернизации и управления жилищно-коммунальным хозяйством для малых населенных пунктов с целью обеспечения безопасности, повышения качества жизни населения и вклада в охрану окружающей среды». Данное оборудование предназначено для подготовки горячей воды с использованием солнечной энергии. Это стало возможным благодаря установки двух солнечных коллекторов на кровли здания ГККП Ясли-сад №57 «Салтанат» в жилом массиве Пригородный для бытовых нужд детского сада. Данное решение позволит тиражирование подобных зданий в городе Астане и пригородах. В ходе мероприятия участники были ознакомлены с техническими характеристиками и принципом работы оборудования. Презентации была завершена мини-концертом с выступлением детей. A solar collector was installed in kindergarten in Astana. Today, August 20, 2014 in Astana, the presentation of the hot water equipment by using solar energy in the building of kindergarten "Saltanat" Nr. 57, Prigorodny settlement was held. The event organizers: United Nations Development Programme and Astana Akimat of Esil district. Solar collector was installed under UNDP/RK Government project “Development and probation of the Housing-Municipal Building Maintenance Services’ Modernization and Management Model for small populated areas to ensure safety, improve quality of life of the population and contribute to the environmental protection”. This equipment is intended for the hot water by using solar energy. This was possible after the installation of two solar collectors on the roof of the building for household needs of the kindergarten. The practice will allow the replication of similar buildings in the city of Astana and its suburbs. During the event, participants were familiarized with the technical characteristics and the principle of operation of the equipment. Presentation was completed with a mini-concert performed by children. 3 hours ago
- NEW VACANCY We are looking for a Liaison officer, UN Inter-Agency Joint Programme for local development in Kyzylorda region (Only for Kazakhstan citizens). http://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=49065 Yesterday AT 07:37 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook