BIOFIN countries come together for Eurasia/Pacific Workshop in Kazakhstan
Apr 25, 2017
25-27 April, 2017, Almaty, Kazakhstan - Representatives of governments, the United Nations, and technical experts from 13 countries across the Eurasia-Pacific region gathered this week to share knowledge and discuss new financial solutions to protect and better manage biodiversity.
UNDP Executive Board welcomes appointment of Achim Steiner as new Administrator
Apr 20, 2017
New York – The President of the Executive Board of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) today welcomed the appointment of Achim Steiner as the Organization’s new Administrator.
- The Ministerial Conference “Meeting the Challenge of Sustainable Energy” and the Eighth International Forum on Energy for Sustainable Development will be held in Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan, on 11-14 June 2017. Mar 27, 2017
HUMAN DEVELOPMENT REPORT 2016 - Regional Press Release for Europe and Central Asia
Mar 23, 2017
Safety nets vital to counter rise of exclusion in Europe and Central Asia
- Joint Statement by Norimasa Shimomura, Resident Coordinator of the United Nations in the Republic of Kazakhstan, Elaine Conkievich, UN Women Representative in Central Asia, Natalia Alexeeva, Head of United Nations Environment Programme Sub-Regional Office for Central Asia Vlastimil Samek Representative of Department of Public Information on the Occasion of International Women's Day Mar 7, 2017
- UNDP Administrator Helen Clark Statement on International Women’s Day 8 March 2017 Mar 6, 2017
- Opening remarks by the UN Resident Coordinator in Kazakhstan Norimasa Shimomura at an event dedicated to the 25th anniversary of Kazakhstan’s accession to the United Nations Mar 2, 2017
- THE SECRETARY-GENERAL -- MESSAGE ON THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF KAZAKHSTAN’S MEMBERSHIP IN THE UNITED NATIONS Astana, 2 March 2017 Mar 2, 2017
- Contest for grant projects on holding events, directed on promoting safe walking and cycling in Almaty. Mar 1, 2017
EXPO in Astana to generate momentum on energy and climate, says UN official
Feb 9, 2017
9 February, 2017 Astana – “I am confident that the exhibition will be a fantastic opportunity for Kazakhstan to generate momentum around sustainable energy, which is so crucial for accomplishing the Sustainable Development Goals. I am sure that the EXPO will be a resounding success, and will attract a lot of positive attention from the region and the world,” said Cihan Sultanoglu.