- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 1 - 20 of 37
29 Jan 2014
UN Resident Coordinator's speech at Holocaust Remembrance Day.
15 Oct 2013
UNDP in Kazakhstan is designing a new application for people with hearing disabilities that will connect them with emergency services. Emergency services of Kazakhstan are not equipped to answer special needs of people with deafness. More than 21 000 deaf-mute people in Kazakhstan when facing emergency situations have to use other people’s help – relatives or strangers using notes, which sometimes can cause a critical delay.
18 Sep 2013
For the 2-nd time Kazakhstan will host Social Good Summit. This year's summit will focus m on discussing innovative solutions and use of social media for development, with more close look on the issues identified during national consultations on Post 2015 and searching solutions for those issues.
29 Aug 2013
Leaflets and Brochures About Preparation to the Potential Emergency Situations Were Spread Among the Population of Southeast and East Kazakhstan
Leaflets and brochures aimed at raising awareness of the high importance of preparedness to the disasters and risk reduction were produced and spread among Southeast and East Kazakhstan population under the framework of the joint project of UNDP/EC/MoES of the Republic of Kazakhstan: «DIPECHO VII: Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction in South-East and East Kazakhstan».
28 Aug 2013
From 2 to 10 September 2013 in four cities of Kazakhstan: Semey (September 2), Almaty (September 4), Kyzylorda (September 6) and Aktau (September 9) within the framework of the joint project of the UNDP and the Ministry of economy and budget planning of the Republic of Kazakhstan the training sessions for non-governmental organizations will be conducted with the participation of international expert.
28 Aug 2013
Regional Awareness Raising Workshop on Human Rights Protection Mechanisms in the Republic of Kazakhstan
On 15 August 2013 in Каraganda, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) organized a workshop for state officials and representatives of non-governmental organizations in the framework of the joint project “Improving human rights protection mechanisms and facilitating effective implementation of UPR recommendations in the Republic of Kazakhstan”.
26 Aug 2013
The Ministry of Environmental Protection of the Republic of Kazakhstan in partnership with the United Nations Development Program will host on September 30 – October 1, 2013 the Green Bridge Conference 2013. The Conference will bring together Ministers from Central Asian and other neighboring countries, officials from the EU, non-governmental, international organizations and private companies, key Kazakhstan influencers and International speakers - Green Energy and Green Growth experts.
22 Aug 2013
On 27th of August 2013 Astana will host a workshop dedicated to inventory of greenhouse gases in various economic sectors, the event organized by the Ministry of Environment Protection and UN Development Programme.
15 Aug 2013
The study tour “Field Days” on 5 -9 August in northern Kazakhstan has shown that cost reduction and increased crop capacity of the fields with spring wheat is possible even in a changing climate. The approaches to adapt domestic crop production to climate change were utilized in three pilot sites in the Akmola, Kostanay and North Kazakhstan Provinces. This trial is being carried out within the “Improving the Climate Resiliency of Kazakhstan Wheat and Central Asian Food Security” Joint Project of the KazAgroInnovation JSC, the United Nations Development Programme and the United States Agency for International Development.
12 Aug 2013
This year’s observance of International Youth Day focuses on the issue of youth migration. Of the annual total of some 214 million international migrants, young people constitute more than 10 per cent, yet too little is known about their struggles and experiences.
08 Aug 2013
Regional Awareness Raising Workshops on Human Rights Protection Mechanisms in the Republic of Kazakhstan
Almaty, 15 August 2013 United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Ministry of Justice will organise a workshop for state officials and representatives of non-governmental organizations in the framework of the joint project “Improving human rights protection mechanisms and facilitating effective implementation of UPR recommendations in the Republic of Kazakhstan”.
02 Aug 2013
SHORTANDY VILLAGE, AKMOLA PROVINCE, AUGUST 5 2013 - A one-week study tour, known as “Field Days”, is about to start. Its participants are to visit three key wheat-growing regions of Kazakhstan where farmers apply climate adaptation technologies on the pilot sites with the total area of around 150 hectares (ha). The campaign is to show how a new approach can help in adapting the local wheat production to the changing climate. The initiator of the “Field Days” is the Joint Project of the “KazAgroInnovation” JSC, the United Nations Development Program and the US Agency for International Development, entitled “Improving the Climate Resiliency of Kazakhstan Wheat and Central Asian Food Security”.
30 Jul 2013
Yuriy Ilyin, Deputy Akim of Almaty City met with Stephen Tull, UNDP Resident Representative in Kazakhstan in order to discuss work progress on “Sustainable Transport Strategy development for 2013-2023.”
18 Jul 2013
This year’s commemoration of Nelson Mandela International Day comes at a moment of deep reflection on the life and work of Madiba, as the universally revered leader remains in the hospital. As we extend our best wishes to President Mandela on his 95th birthday, let us also give tangible meaning to our feelings of concern by taking action on behalf of others.
11 Jul 2013
As a staunch advocate of the education, health and rights of girls and an enduring believer in the power of young women to transform our world, I welcome the focus of this year’s World Population Day on adolescent pregnancy. This sensitive topic demands global attention.
23 Jun 2013
The UN Public Service Day intends to celebrate the value and virtue of public service to the community; highlight the contribution of public service in the development process; recognize the work of public servants, and encourage young people to pursue careers in the public sector.
21 Jun 2013
Twenty-one officers from Border Guard Service, National Security Committee, Customs Control Committee, Criminal police Department of Ministry of Internal Affairs and Finance Police participated in a three-day training on counter-terrorism and organised crime.
21 Jun 2013
For years, many countries and regions have been holding their own Refugee Days and even Weeks. One of the most widespread is Africa Refugee Day, which is celebrated on 20 June in several countries.
17 Jun 2013
The goal of the 2013 World Day to Combat Desertification is to create awareness about the risks of drought and water scarcity in the drylands and beyond, calling attention to the importance of sustaining healthy soils as part of post Rio+20 agenda, as well as the post-2015 sustainable development agenda.
13 Jun 2013
Local Disaster Management Committees were established in Tekeli town, Syrymbet and Karabulak villages within the framework of the project on community-based disaster risk reduction.
- В ВКО с 21 по 23 июля прошло выездное фокус-исследование состояния порядка оказания государственных услуг On 21-23 July, a visiting focus survey was held in East Kazakhstan region, aimed to examine the procedures to provide public services. (English text follows) В рамках данного мероприятия были обсуждены итоги работы в сфере оказания государственных услуг, проблемы в процессах оказания госуслуг, развитие электронных услуг и ЦОНов. Основным фокусом рабочих групп стали госуслуги в сфере архитектурно-градостроительной деятельности и охраны окружающей среды, животного мира, природных ресурсов. Задачей рабочих групп по итогам исследования стала выработка рекомендаций по дальнейшей автоматизации и оптимизации услуг, передачи в ЦОН, в конкурентную среду. Уже в первый день участники обозначили проблемы низкого кадрового потенциала госорганов, оказывающих услуги, и своевременного разъяснения нормативных актов, информирования населения по госуслугам, о его правах и обязанностях. Также отмечались проблемы несоответствия стандартов госуслуг законодательным актам, сжатые сроки подготовки регламентов. Для комплексного анализа услуг предусмотрены посещения областных ЦОНов, соответствующих управлений. Ожидается активное участие НПО в вопросах общественного мониторинга госуслуг и взаимодействия с госорганами. As part of the event the result of works conducted in the sphere of public services provision were discussed, as well as problematic issues and development of electronic services and public service centers. The main focus of working groups became public services in spheres of architecture and urban planning, and protection of the environment, wildlife and natural resources. Objectives of the working groups were developing recommendations for further services automation and optimization, transfer to public service centers, in a competitive environment. From the very first day, the participants have outlined the problems of low human resource capacity of government agencies - public service providers; timely clarification of regulations; public awareness of public services and about their rights and responsibilities. Also, there were difficulties noted in compliance of public services standards with the current legislation, and tight deadlines to prepare regulations. Visits to regional public service centers and relevant authorities are envisaged for comprehensive services analysis. It is expected active involvement of NGOs in matters of public monitoring of public services and interaction with government agencies. 2 hours ago
- Казахстан представил Конвенции ООН по борьбе с опустыниванием cвой национальный отчет. Документ подготовлен проектом ПРООН/ГЭФ совместно с Министерством окружающей среды и водных ресурсов. Проекты по управлению земельными ресурсами https://www.facebook.com/altynalkap Kazakhstan presented to the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification its national report. Document was prepared by UNDP/GEF project jointly with the Ministry of Environment and water resources. Land management projects https://www.facebook.com/altynalkap 21 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook