Drawing on the best of global practice, UNDP supports Kazakhstan’s democratic consolidation through providing support to institutional and procedural reform as well as consensus building, fostering dialogue and bringing together key stakeholders. UNDP is working to build the capacity of the central and local election commissions, enhance the capacity of national and local representative bodies. UNDP seeks to increase civic awareness among Kazakhsani citizens and supports the enhancement of interactive collaboration between the state and civil society organizations (CSOs). It increases the effectiveness of public administration by helping the government boost accountability, strengthen human resource management, and improve the delivery of public services. As a close partner to the government and civil society organizations in this work, UNDP is assisting to empower citizens to better realize their rights, while simultaneously strengthening human rights and justice institutions responsible for securing access to information and justice, gender equality and promoting family values and other basic human right.
The UNDP works to promote democratic governance in Kazakhstan through public administration, electoral and parliamentary support, protection of human rights and strengthening legal and justice sector reform, as well as enhancement of civil society participation in political decision making.
- Making democratic institutions more accountable and responsive to citizens. UNDP supports strengthening oversight and legislative capacity of the national Parliament and local representative bodies (Maslikhats) as well as effectiveness and efficiency of parliamentary processes and procedures. In the field of public sector management reform we assist in elaboration of standards for public services delivery, human resource management and functional analysis of positions in civil service. Through its regional projects UNDP promotes multi-agency cooperation to increase effectiveness of drug control and reinforce border management capacity of national partners in all Central Asian Republics.
- Protection of human rights and strengthening the rights-based legal and justice sector reforms focusing on enhancement of the operational capacity of the human rights institutions for effective protection of human rights against infringements and violations; anti-corruption and access to justice; promoting the access to information legislation; women political empowerment and equal opportunity.
- Expanding people’s opportunities to participate in political decision-making. We support strengthening the capacity of civil society organizations (non-governmental organizations, political parties, academic institutions and mass-media) to ensure stronger public participation in inclusive policy and decision-making as well as greater accountability of executives to the citizens of Kazakhstan;, at building political culture of dialogue and negotiation; at rendering assistance in developing electoral culture among population.
- On the eve of the International Day against Nuclear Tests the Central Communications of Kazakhstan held a briefing. The Head of the UNDP Department of governance and local development Ainur Baimyrza briefed the journalists about the Joint UN Programme in Eastern Kazakhstan. The programme is being realized in the most affected areas from the nuclear tests in the region. Friday AT 02:55 AM
- В преддверии Международного дня действий против ядерных испытаний в Астане проходит брифинг, организованный Службой центральных коммуникации Казахстана. Руководитель Департамента эффективного управления и территориального развития ПРООН Айнур Баймырза принимает участие в этом мероприятии. Айнур рассказывает о Совместной программе ООН в наиболее пострадавших районах ВКО от ядерных испытаний. Friday AT 01:24 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook