Drawing on the best of global practice, UNDP supports Kazakhstan’s democratic consolidation through providing support to institutional and procedural reform as well as consensus building, fostering dialogue and bringing together key stakeholders. UNDP is working to build the capacity of the central and local election commissions, enhance the capacity of national and local representative bodies. UNDP seeks to increase civic awareness among Kazakhsani citizens and supports the enhancement of interactive collaboration between the state and civil society organizations (CSOs). It increases the effectiveness of public administration by helping the government boost accountability, strengthen human resource management, and improve the delivery of public services. As a close partner to the government and civil society organizations in this work, UNDP is assisting to empower citizens to better realize their rights, while simultaneously strengthening human rights and justice institutions responsible for securing access to information and justice, gender equality and promoting family values and other basic human right.
The UNDP works to promote democratic governance in Kazakhstan through public administration, electoral and parliamentary support, protection of human rights and strengthening legal and justice sector reform, as well as enhancement of civil society participation in political decision making.
- Making democratic institutions more accountable and responsive to citizens. UNDP supports strengthening oversight and legislative capacity of the national Parliament and local representative bodies (Maslikhats) as well as effectiveness and efficiency of parliamentary processes and procedures. In the field of public sector management reform we assist in elaboration of standards for public services delivery, human resource management and functional analysis of positions in civil service. Through its regional projects UNDP promotes multi-agency cooperation to increase effectiveness of drug control and reinforce border management capacity of national partners in all Central Asian Republics.
- Protection of human rights and strengthening the rights-based legal and justice sector reforms focusing on enhancement of the operational capacity of the human rights institutions for effective protection of human rights against infringements and violations; anti-corruption and access to justice; promoting the access to information legislation; women political empowerment and equal opportunity.
- Expanding people’s opportunities to participate in political decision-making. We support strengthening the capacity of civil society organizations (non-governmental organizations, political parties, academic institutions and mass-media) to ensure stronger public participation in inclusive policy and decision-making as well as greater accountability of executives to the citizens of Kazakhstan;, at building political culture of dialogue and negotiation; at rendering assistance in developing electoral culture among population.
- 21 ноября 2014 года в Астане прошла Республиканская конференция «Участие женщин Казахстана в реализации Стратегии «Казахстан – 2050», посвященная Дню первого Президента Республики Казахстан. Конференция была проведена Национальной комиссией по делам женщин и семейно-демографической политике при Президенте РК совместно с Коалицией за «зеленую экономику» и развитие G-Global», ОФ «Социальная динамика» и Программой развития Организации Объединенных Наций. Republican Conference entitled Participation of Women in the Implementation of Kazakhstan 2050 Strategy took place on 21 November in Astana. It was dedicated to the Day of the First President of Kazakhstan. The Conference was hosted by the National Commission for Women's Affairs and Family-Demographic Policy under President of Kazakhstan jointly with Green Economy Coalition and G-Global development, Social Dynamics public foundation and United Nations Development Programme. Yesterday AT 07:05 AM
- Постояльцы дома малой комплектности «Карлыгаш» обучились рукоделию на семинаре-тренинге в Зыряновском районе, село Соловьева Восточно-Казахстанской области. Тренинг прошел в рамках Совместной программы ООН в ВКО. Организатором также выступило общественное объединение «Отансүйгіш Оралмандар». Три тренера – Аскан Сейлбек, Базаргул Камештай и Жикей Бирлан - обучили участников изготовлению изделий с элементами казахского прикладного искусства, среди них сырмак (узорчатый войлочный казахский ковер), кесте (искусство вышивания) и работа с войлоком. Workshop in Zyryanovsk rayon, Solovyov village in East Kazakhstan Oblast has taught needlework to residents of Karlygash house. The workshop was a part of the Joint UN Programme in EKO, co-organised by public foundation “Otansuigish Oralmandar”. Three coaches – Askan Seilbek, Bazargul Kameshtay and Zhiken Birlan - have taught the participants how to make items with elements of Kazakh decorative art, among them syrmak (Kazakh ethnic ornamental felt carpet), keste (embroidery) and felt processing. Yesterday AT 05:27 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook