Promotion of Energy-Efficient Lighting in Kazakhstan
The Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of RK and UNDP/GEF Project “Promotion of Energy-Efficient Lighting in Kazakhstan” within the program of power industry development and for the purpose of country progress are implementing tasks on energy conservation and energy efficiency increase in order to solve energy, environmental, and economical problems in all the sectors.
The objective of the project is the transformation of Kazakhstan market towards the energy efficient lighting technologies and gradual replacement of inefficient lighting equipment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Development of energy efficient lighting standards and gradual phase-out of the inefficient lighting equipment used before;
- Increased accessibility and market share of energy efficient lighting across various geographic and demographic sectors
- Increased familiarity among diverse stakeholders with energy efficient lighting and associated issues
- Increased investor confidence, design and administrative capacity, and market share of energy efficient lighting as a result of demonstration projects
- Disposition of spent mercury-containing lamps.
|Donor name||Amount contributed|
|Dec 2012||$ 109,577|
|Apr 2013||$ 67,887|
- Project start date
- June 2012
- Estimated end date
- May 2017
- Geographic coverage
- Focus Area
- Environmental Management
- Project Officer
- Syrym Nurgaliyev
- Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of the Republic of Kazakhstan