Procurement Fraud Notice
Fake procurement notices have been repeatedly circulated in the name of UNDP via non-UNDP and non-UN websites, emails imitating UNDP email addresses, and other means of communications such as phone calls from individuals alleging affiliation with UNDP. In some cases, correspondence falsely signed in the name of real UNDP officials has ensued, asking would-be bidders to part with copies of personal documents and even money.
UNDP is aware of various procurement-related schemes being circulated via e-mails, Internet web sites, regular mail or fax, or verbal communications, falsely stating that they are issued by, or associated with UNDP or the United Nations. The schemes involve communications (written and/or verbal), which appear as various proposals from people purporting to be officials of UNDP or the United Nations. The correspondence and other documents, e-mails addresses and web sites may be made to look like they originate from UNDP. For example, they may contain official-looking UNDP stationery, including the UNDP emblem or name, or some variation thereof, and e-mail or web site addresses, including the full name or acronym of UNDP or some similar name, or the name of a fictitious UN entity purporting to act on UNDP's behalf. The names of real UNDP officials may also be used.
These schemes may seek to extract money and in some cases personal details from the recipients of such correspondence. Such schemes are fraudulent.
Please be aware that:
- All procurement notices are published in this website, as well as UN Global Marketplace and UN Development Business.
- UNDP does not charge any fees, nor does it request or issue personal checks, money transfers (Money Grams, Western Union, and other types) at any stage of its procurement process.
- UNDP does not request any banking information while the procurement process is ongoing. Vendors will only be asked for payment information after a contract is awarded and formalized.
- UNDP does not offer prizes, awards, funds, scholarships or certificates over telephone or fax.
- Unauthorized use of the UNDP name and emblem, or other names or indicia, is illegal. Relevant authorities will be informed of any such activities of which UNDP becomes aware, for appropriate action to be taken by those authorities.
If you have any doubt about procurement-related information received from any source and purporting to originate from UNDP, please take the following steps:
- Verify the authenticity of such information by diligently checking it against procurement notices and contact information posted on the aforementioned websites. Please take extra caution if you have not expressed interest in an upcoming UNDP procurement action and/or have not bid on any UNDP business opportunity in the past.
- Disregard any communications related to UNDP procurement, originating from non-UNDP websites or non-UNDP email addresses, and pass on this warning to anyone you think may be affected.
- Report any suspicion of fraud to UNDP through the Fraud Hotline of the Office of Audit and Inyestiations (OAI) and th e UNDP Procurement Support Office at [ firstname.lastname@example.org] before taking any action in response to the communication.
- Refuse any requests for payment or personal information and report them to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
- Exercise extreme caution when dealing with any suspicious communication. Financial l oss and identity theft could result from the sending of money or personal information to those issuing fraudulent correspondence.
How UNDP do business?
In accordance with international best practices and the Financial Rules and Regulations of the United Nations, the following general principles are considered during the procurement process:
- best value for money;
- fairness, integrity, and transparency;
- effective international competition;
- the interests of UNDP
More information on UNDP procurement is available at http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/operations/procurement/overview/
List of contract award
|Consultant||Job title||Project||Contract amount (USD)/duration|